Estimated Completion Time: 5 weeks
Total Clock Hours: 100 hours total*
The Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Program is designed to provide the student with the fundamental knowledge, skills, and abilities essential for the provision of basic care to residents in long-term care facilities, hospitals, and the patient’s home. Students will learn to perform basic first aid, CPR, take vital signs, and follow infection control measures. Additionally, they will be able to apply proper body mechanics in bed making, lifting, and turning patients. The students are prepared to meet the requirements necessary to pass the State Exam and become a Certified Nurse Aide in the State of Texas.
- New classes will start approximately every five (5) weeks.
- Classes meet five hours each day.
- Day classes meet M-TH, 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Evening classes meet M-TH, 5:00p.m.- 10:00 p.m.
- All class schedules are subject to change.